Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Profile: Julie Sweet from Certificates Online

As part of a new feature on The Bride's Diary Blog, we will be introducing you to individuals who work in the wedding industry... giving you an insight into who they are and why they love weddings!



This week we have been talking with Julie Sweet, owner and manager of Certificates Online
 
a convenient service that organises official birth, death, marriage and change of name certificates for Australians. Julie talks to us about her passion for her business, how she recognised the need for such a service and how she spends her fleeting spare time...

• Tell us a little about your business…

Basically Certificates Online is a service for the time poor. From Brides, to new parents, corporates, stay at home parents, people travelling overseas, applying for their First Home Owners Grant, to the elderly or the youth - we save people time and money when they require their full original birth, marriage, family death certificates and legal changes of name - Australia wide. Our aim is to be the first name that comes to people's minds when there is a change in their lives...like getting married or having a baby and so much more - thinking to themselves "I need to call 1300 CHANGE".
• What is your role in the business and why are you passionate about it? 

I am the owner and business Manager and I guess because it's my baby, that brings about my passion for the business. I ensure everything runs smoothly and that clients are satisfied. Besides that, I truly love what I do and to exceed people exceptions always makes me extremely happy. Another reason that I am so enthusiast about the business, is that it's a unique service we provide, which really fulfils a niche in the market place for people who are unable to waste their valuable time waiting in queues or dealing with red tape. We instead, take this hassle away from the customer and provide them with a premium 24 hour service when they are in need of their original certificates. Besides who wants to do something so frustrating like filling in forms, catching public transport, paying for parking or going through all their endless paperwork, when they can flick it to someone else - like us?!
• How long have you been working in the industry? 

9 years now.
• What are some of your past business experiences? 

I have only ever worked in the corporate industry before embarking upon this journey, so that was a great opportunity and a very good introduction to customer service, along with so much more. The corporations I have worked for have ranged from Legal, to Insurance, to Advertising and then to where I find myself today.
• What is one of your favourite recollections from your business? 

I think that would have to be when couples come to us, before they are about to marry, often with so many things to get done before the big day and sometimes weighed down and under pressure, time wise - then to see them through the process of obtaining their original certificates, so quickly and how they end up using our service, leaving as different people is a pleasing aspect of the what we do. To make a difference to people's stress and on occasions, chaotic lives, is a really rewarding line of our work. What is even more exciting is when these couples return to us years later, when they have babies, wanting again to have the same service replicated for their when they have children, the follow on within families is a very nice experience to be a part of, knowing people are happy with our service and that we are able to assist them in their milestones throughout their lives is a fabulous thing.
• Tell us a bit about your family and home life… 

I am 35 and only a year ago began studying (Bachelor of Counselling and Human Change) which unexpectedly complements this business perfectly. It is often challenging to run a business and study, yet the sacrifices are well worth the current increasing work load and besides, it keeps me on my toes, which is something I relish. I honestly would not want to be doing anything else at this point in my life and I take great pride in what it is I do, on both levels.
• How do you enjoy spending your spare time? 

Any spare time I have, I spend it with my family and friends, going out and also walking along the coast (one of my favourite things to do early in the morning before the day begins), whilst also going to the gym, when I can. I find the down time I do have is often spent with people who are very close to me and who I am connected with, that bring richness to my life. In saying that there is nothing I relish more than relaxing, having time alone to take in the beauty that surrounds me, which I find by being near the ocean.
• What is your most memorable life experience? 

Oh that is a hard one - I would have to say that would come about from the little bit of travel I have experienced, whether it was America or Europe, those trips remain very close to my heart and are irreplaceable memories.
• What are your plans for the future?  

Business wise, it is to expand and grow the business. We have taken it off shore - Worldwide and now provide people who live overseas (yet who were born or married here) with the same service we do for Australian residents, which has been so well received, so that has just been wonderful. Personally, I want to finish my degree and continue running the business, also becoming a qualified Counsellor - two paths that I feel privileged to have encountered and blessed to have been involved in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails