Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Profile: Celyna from Ziolkowski Evening & Bridal Couture

As part of a new feature on The Bride's Diary Blog, we will be introducing you to individuals who work in the wedding industry... giving you an insight into who they are and why they love weddings!


This week we have been chatting with the lovely and talented Celyna, designer and owner of Ziolkowski Evening & Bridal Couture. Celyna has a diverse background in the fashion industry, designing for film and television as well as creating couture gowns for red carpet events and bridal. Celyna shares with us her love of travel and the arts, the fun she has working with brides, as well as the excitement and joy of her own wedding day...

• Tell us a little about your business… 

At Ziolkowski Evening & Bridal Couture, we create unique hand crafted gowns designed exclusively for the modern day woman. Every Ziolkowski gown is an individual piece created in the Sydney design studio, using the most luxurious fabrics, silks, imported laces and beautifully beaded trims. We design gorgeous gowns to suit the personality, style and figure of the wearer, creating one off pieces to truly make your event an amazing one whether that be evening, red carpet or bridal! We believe in a personalised service, giving you the attention that you deserve and creating your dream dress!

• What is your role in the business and why are you passionate about it? 

I’m the designer and owner of Ziolkowski Evening & Bridal Couture. I’m passionate about working with each individual client to discuss their needs and requirements and to ultimately create the dress of their dreams!

I’m dedicated to innovation, elegance, sophistication, glamour and quality of workmanship, which is evident in my designs.

• How long have you been working in the industry? 

I’ve been working in the industry for over 15 years; that includes bridal, fashion, film & TV.

• What are some of your past business experiences? 
I’ve worked with many Australian and International stars and my designs have been worn to the Logies and other red-carpet awards as well as in several films, TV shows, commercials, video clips and theatrical productions. I love seeing people wearing my designs and I do get a sense of satisfaction knowing that I’ve helped in creating part of their special moment.

• What is one of your favourite recollections from your business?

Everyone is different and I treat all my clients as individuals so every encounter has been unique and special. Although it’s always interesting when I’m creating both the brides and bridegrooms outfits. Usually, they both want what they are wearing to be kept secret until the wedding day, however they do want their outfits to work together and co-ordinate without the other one knowing what they are wearing. This can lead to all sorts of “cloak & dagger” behaviour with having to enlist the help of family and bridal party members to find out all kind of things. There has been a lot of fun!

• Tell us a bit about your family and home life…

There’s just my husband and I and it’s true what they say…”that opposite’s attract”! My husband and I are complete opposites, but I guess that’s why we have been together so long and why our relationship is so strong. I come from a family of all girls and he from a family of all boys, so now we have a very large extended family and lots of brothers and sisters in-laws!

• How do you enjoy spending your spare time?
My husband and I both love traveling, whether it’s for an overseas holiday or a quick weekend break; we love getting away, seeing new places and meeting new people. I’m passionate about the arts also, so in my spare time I’ll visit art galleries, see a concert or read a fabulous book!



• What is your most memorable life experience?
My own wedding last year! I would always hear of people saying that it’s the best day of your life, but I didn’t really take them seriously until it happened to me. It was a fantastic day – the best ever!!!

• What are your plans for the future? 
Happiness of course…isn’t that what we all want! We have a few projects in mind, however I’m a bit superstitious so I won’t jinx anything until it happens! I’ll keep you posted though!

Ziolkowski Evening & Bridal Couture are offering a free design and colour consultation for all brides who make bookings with them before the end of December 2010. 

Visit  www.ziolkowski.com.au
Related Posts with Thumbnails