Monday, May 24, 2010

Tropical Oasis Real Life Wedding

Amelia & Glenn McKay • 25th July, 2009 • Tropical Oasis • Whitsundays

Amelia and Glenn celebrated their wedding in a beautiful tropical oasis - the Whitsundays. Dean Whitling Photography captured the day from the ceremony through to the helicopter ride and the stunning reception. Amelia shares their day with us...



We always knew that we wanted to be married in the Whitsundays and found a wonderful resort for our ceremony and reception.

We chose a Tropical Oasis theme for our day. Glenn was very involved in the planning, which was fantastic. We made all the decisions as a team and shared much of the stress of the planning between us. It was great to have an enthusiastic fiancé to bounce ideas off.

My choice of gown came after a long search. Not only was it an exquisite creation, it also brought tears to the groom’s eyes during my walk down the aisle.



On our wedding day, I woke at 6:30am to sunshine and blue skies. Time seemed to go pretty slowly as the other girls and my parents arrived, and everyone’s hair and make-up was done. Then suddenly it was time for me to get ready.

Walking down the aisle was the most incredible moment. I couldn’t stop smiling. Dad lifted my veil and kissed me goodbye, and Glenn had to dry his eyes.



After our magical ceremony, we had some family photos taken before leaving by helicopter for photos at stunning Whitehaven Beach. Meanwhile, our guests enjoyed canapés and our special signature cocktails.

Dinner was delicious, and we ate and drank under the stars by the Coral Sea. The speeches were funny, sweet and very emotional. Glenn got up last for his speech and near the end, called me to stand up with him. He told everyone that although we had agreed not to give each other wedding gifts, I had cheated and given him a watch. He admitted that he had a gift for me too, and that it described how he felt inside every time he was around me. He then turned me around to face the water as fireworks started going off above us! I sobbed my heart out for the next seven minutes. It had been a secret he kept from everyone!



Later we cut the cake, released a Thai lantern and danced our wedding dance to “Come Fly With Me”. And then the party started!

Photography Dean Whitling Photography www.dwphoto.com.au
Celebrant John Webb 02 4757 1444 www.marriagecelebrants.org.au
Reception Venue Villa Botanica 1800 795 990 www.villabotanica.com.au
Bridal Gown Wendy Makin Bridal Designs www.wendymakin.com.au
Wedding Rings Gold River Jewellers 07 3257 2636 www.goldriver.com.au
Bridal Shoes Zoom Shoes www.zoomaustralia.com.au
Mens’ Suits Hugo Boss 07 3012 7433 www.hugoboss.com
Hair Stylist Hairhouse Warehouse www.hairhousewarehouse.com.au
Make-up Justine Voigt justinerv2@optusnet.com.au
Florist Flower Hut 07 4946 4844 www.flowerhut.info
Cake Cupcake Caboodle www.cupcakecaboodle.blogspot.com
Decorations I-Do Events 07 4948 0429 www.idoeventswhitsundays.com
Entertainment Leanne Paris 0413 508 740
Caterer Saffron Food Services www.sfscatering.com.au
Honeymoon Thailand www.tourisimthailand.org 
Related Posts with Thumbnails