Friday, March 19, 2010

Real Life Wedding - Leah and Tom


Leah is part of the BD Team and we absolutely loved her bright May wedding. Her special day was filled with vibrancy and freshness, and this was highlighted by the gorgeous bride and her handsome groom, Tom!

Synergy Photography has truly captured the liveliness of the occasion, and in particular the gorgeous detailing! Leah shares her ‘Bride’s Diary’ with us!

What was your 'getting ready' experience like?
On the morning of the wedding we were all at the hairdressers (Shakai Hair) bright and early (myself, my bridesmaid Vanessa, my Mum, and the two flowergirls)… We also had the make-up artist (my cousin’s friend) do everyone’s makeup while we were all at the salon. Unfortunately, timing wasn’t the best and we had to rush home as soon as we were all finished. Before we knew it, it was time to get changed, have a few quick photos and then we were out the door and on the way to the church. We ended up arriving at the church about 30 – 45 minutes late without even trying!

What was Tom's day like?
Tom got ready at his parents’ house before the wedding. They had a full house on the day as Tom is from a large family (1 of 10 children), and judging by the photos, it seems they all had a great time! He was also very happy to have his prized possessions - his 1969 Chrysler Valiant and his Harley Davidson - included in our special day and our wedding photos.

How did you choose your flowers?
I wanted bright, colourful flowers and after following countless wedding blogs while I was planning our wedding, I finally found a picture of the perfect bouquet. I loved the colours in the picture as it was a perfect match for the bridesmaid’s dress. So, I took the image into the florist (Bunches) and I was thrilled with the bouquets when they arrived on the morning of the wedding. I also really had my heart set on having fresh flowers in my hair, and I chose two large pink roses to tie in with the bouquets. The mothers' of the bride and groom both wore cream corsages to match their outfits, while Tom and the fathers' of bride and groom wore cream roses for boutonnières. Tom's best man had an orange rose for his boutonnière to match the bridesmaid's bouquet.

How did you choose your dress?
I was in Sposabella for the final fitting of a bridesmaids dress for my cousin’s wedding, and I thought I'd try some wedding dresses on while I was there. After all the dresses that I'd tried on looked horrible and I was ready to leave, the saleswoman said that a new dress had just come in, and suggested that I try it on. The dress was absolutely perfect! It was a Pronovias (Higuera), and I just loved the Spanish lace, the silhouette and the neckline…

How did you choose your cake?
The cake was from Tonittos and consisted of a layer of chocolate mud cake, caramel mud cake and white chocolate mud cake. I wanted something that was simple and elegant, and I was so happy with the design that we ended up with. There was also plenty to feed our 150+ guests!

How did you choose the suits?
This was mostly Tom's department, although we did end up choosing his suit together… I left the style of the suits mainly up to Tom. After considering hiring suits, we decided to purchase the suits from Roger David. Neither Tom nor I had much of an idea of what we were after (although Tom was adamant that he wanted to wear a vest), but the salesman was a great help. Tom and I picked his suit together, and he took his best man in later for a second opinion and to order their correct sizes.

What was on the menu?
Entrée
· Tortellini with sauteed bacon, spring onions, mushrooms and tomato cream sauce
· Salt and pepper calamari served with mescalin in a white balsamic dressing

Main
· Veal scaloppine with lemon mushrooms and oregano cream sauce
· Chicken breast pizzaiola - topped with mozzarella slices, oregano & Italian tomato sauce

Dessert
· Chocolate dipped Profiteroles filled with creme patisserie, served with hot chocolate sauce and fresh cream
· Chocolate mousse cake served with vanilla cream and strawberry sauce Salt & Pepper Squid

What was the highlight of your day?
The entire day was fantastic; the weather was great for a May wedding, marrying in the church that Tom was christened in was lovely and all of our friends and family celebrating with us at the reception topped it all off!
Related Posts with Thumbnails